Important Health Guidance
Please review the following health guidelines that are in place at SMA.
- At the onset of cold, flu, and/or COVID-19 symptoms, individuals are asked to remain at home and self-monitor closely.
- Individuals who have general cold and flu symptoms but remain fever-free and are testing negative for COVID-19 may return to school once symptoms have improved, and they should wear a mask until symptoms subside.
- Individuals who have cold and flu symptoms, have a fever, and are testing negative for COVID-19, are expected to remain home until they are fever-free for 24-hours and cold-like symptoms are improving. Once symptoms have improved, they may return to school and they should wear a mask until symptoms subside.
- Individuals who have tested positive for COVID-19 are expected to remain at home for five days. Once symptoms have improved, they may return to school and they should wear a mask for ten days after their symptoms started. If they have had no symptoms, they should wear a mask for ten days after the date of a positive test. Please review Public Health guidelines currently in place at https://manitoba.ca/covid19/info-for-mbs.html#isolation.
Thank you for working together for the health of all.
Published early September 2022
Informed by Manitoba Education and Public Health, SMA has returned to pre-pandemic course offerings and scheduling for the 2022-23 school year. The following health and safety guidelines are in place for students and school staff:
- Monitor daily for signs and symptoms of COVID-19. If symptomatic, stay home and follow Public Health guidance for isolation https://manitoba.ca/covid19/info-for-mbs.html#isolation. Please advise SMA of student absences by emailing Mrs. Jill Boulet at email@example.com or calling the attendance line at 204-477-0244 ext 340.
- Stay home when sick.
- Students who become ill at school are asked to advise their teacher and then report to the school office. The parent/caregiver will be called to pick-up the student.
- Contact tracing is no longer routinely recommended by Public Health. Close contacts of COVID-19 cases are not required to self-isolate (quarantine) if they do not have symptoms.
- Masks are optional and at the discretion of the individual (each choice is respected). Students who choose to wear a mask are encouraged to bring their own. Go to the following link to view Government of Manitoba mask recommendations https://www.gov.mb.ca/covid19/resources/masks.html.
- A supply of 3-ply disposable masks are available in the school office.
- Rapid antigen tests are available in the school office.
- Wash hands frequently, sanitize hands when hand-washing is not readily available.
- Practice respiratory etiquette (cover coughs and sneezes).
- COVID-19 and routine immunizations are encouraged. Go to the following link to find a location that offers the COVID-19 or influenza vaccine https://www.gov.mb.ca/covid19/vaccine/finder.html